Yes, we are very biased when it's about Mute Records, the worthy legendary UK label without whom electronic music wouldn't be what it is today.
Elektro Diskow, Stuart Paterson's label and website, has a fascinating rendez-vous with Daniel Miller where Mute's boss goes back in rewind mode and replaces his career, and Mute Records, and the blossoming 70's electronic music scene, in the context and it's indeed totally riveting as Daniel is, we're not afraid of big words and long phrases, something like the Benny Gordy of Electronic Music. Told ya, we love big words :)
- You'll read how Daniel was a pitiful guitar player despite all the efforts of Paul Kossof who will become a legend in its own with Free.
- How Daniel soon became addicted to krautrock when hard rock started to invade UK.
- How Punk came about the same time as cheaper synths and machinery, allowing a new crop of artists to get into music without knowing a bloody chord.
- How Frank and why.
- How The Silicon Teens were a wet dream that came true with Depeche, a few months later.
- How Nitzer Ebb used to do 10 gigs a week-end.
All this and more is to be found here: http://www.elektrodiskow.com/2012/04/daniel-miller-exclusive-interview-f...